- Framework is a tool to help you develop applications faster and better. It is a reusable set of libraries and/or classes. They usually define default folder structure of a project.
- PHP frameworks help to promote rapid application development (RAD), which saves you time, helps build more stable applications, and reduces the amount of repetitive coding for developers.
- Frameworks streamline the the development of web applications written in PHP by providing a basic structure for which to build the web applications.
Why Frameworks are important?
There are pretty good reasons behind all of this. And why you, as a PHP programmer, should be using a PHP Framework:
- Code and File Organization
- Utilities and Libraries
- The MVC Pattern
- Enforcing of good coding standards
- Pretty URLS
- Less Code & Faster Development
- Community Support
- Job Opportunities
- Performance Tools
- Suitable for Teamwork
- And It’s Fun!